Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fashion - Sonjette's Wearable Framable Art

As an artist Sonjette says "I'm perpetually striving to express myself in a creative and meaningful way. The tool I use for this expression is fabric. I use the warm and vibrant colors of the Caribbean landscape, together with the designs of indigenous tribes of Africa and South America to tell my stories and create unique pieces."

Each piece is designed and made individually. There are often several different processes that each piece goes through to create the patterns. Combinations of shibori, tie-dye, resist dyeing and fabric painting are often used to produce a truly unique wearable or frameable piece of art.


Sonjette's Concept
"I believe that a body clothed in a garment of hand painted art becomes a moving canvas, offering constant visual stimulation to those who see it."

No comments:

Post a Comment